Re: BrandMeister to XLX

Steve KC1AWV

Yes, the document is to bridge a BM talkgroup to an XLX module. That part you have correct. However, you mentioned that you are using a DStar radio on the XLX side.

DMR radio <> hostpot <> BM <--> MMDVM_Bridge_BM 1 <--> MMDVM_Bridge_XLX 2 <--> DMRGateway <--> XLX <> hotspot <> Dstar radio

XLX is a multiprotocol DStar reflector, with capabilities to transcode AMBE using an external program, ambed. The ambed program requires a AMBE dongle, such as the ubiquitous DV3000 stick, a popular one is made by NW Digital.

If you are using a DStar radio on XLX, then you need to have some sort of transcoding on the XLX server, or else you will never hear the BM talkgroup, and vice versa. Setting up transcoding is outside the scope of my document, and can be found elsewhere on the Internet. There's plenty of other people that have instructions on how to set up transcoding.

On Tue, Mar 19, 2019 at 2:37 PM andrew delgado via Groups.Io <andrew_12ph=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Thanks for that information Steve.

sorry my understanding is this document "BM to XLX via MMDVM_Bridge (DVSwitch distribution) on Debian 9"
is to bridge XLX and BM?

so im not in the right path right? my goal is to bridge a certain TG from BM and XLX reflector.

--
Steve Miller
KC1AWV