Re: Trying to setup a basic 'Parrot', however hb_confbridge.py is not matching the RADIO_ID

Matthew 2E0SIP

Hi Cort,

On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 06:09 am, Cort N0MJS wrote:
Let's not just change it, but make it a configurable option to either masquerade or preserve the source ID.

To clarify, I am referring to the RADIO_ID variable in the HB_Link code, which is known as the 'Repeater ID' in the MMDVM protocol spec. I am not talking about the DMR ID of the radio that sent the transmission.

I don't mind making it a configurable option, however in the HB_Link implementation at least, if a Master receives a frame from a client, with a different RADIO_ID (Repeater ID) to the ID the client sent during the login process, it will be dropped.

Do you know if the Brandmeister / DMR+ implementations also validate the Repeater ID?

Cheers
Matthew