Re: Asterisk Error

Steve KC1AWV

Is this a Raspberry Pi? Maybe the SD card is going bad, corrupting the filesystem and forcing it to be read-only. You can force a fsck by running

fsck.ext4 -cDfty -C 0 /dev/sd**

You can also run dmesg which may give a clue into why the filesystem is read only.

It sounds like asterisk won't start because it can't write its log file, which may be the underlying issue here.

On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 7:49 AM K4VL <73dek4vl@...> wrote:
OK this might help. It say it can't write the log files because it is a read only system. After a Google search I found how to remount. I still get the error when I status asterisk. I reran
journalctl -u asterisk.service --since today and got the log I have attached. When I try running asterisk -vcd I get an error stating again that the log file can't be written because it is a read only system.

On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 4:34 AM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
I would at least run asterisk in the foreground with:
asterisk -vcd

On 3/27/19 5:33 AM, Steve KC1AWV wrote:
If the logs are empty, then it's going to be next to impossible to diagnose the problem. Log files are the single most important thing on a computer, and without them, you're flying blind.

At this point, I'd say back up the configuration files and put them somewhere for reference and start over.

On Tue, Mar 26, 2019, 10:25 PM K4VL <73dek4vl@...> wrote:
The logs appear empty. I event went into the asterisk log folder and opened the event log and it was blank.

Steve Miller
KC1AWV