Re: Help install DVSwitch in server Debian 8 64 bits for error.

Steve N4IRS

Problem found. Not fixed but hacked (for now).
As Cort has mentioned in the past, The source for DMR, NXDN and others have changed the format of the data (simple explanation) Seems every time we turn around this gets changed. This means I have to update the scripts in the dvswitch-base package.
I think our best bet going forward is to have a trusted source that ALLWAYS has current data at a known URL. I am going to host the files on dvswitch.org. That way I can fix the scripts when the source changes and dvswitch-base can remain the same.

On 3/31/19 11:04 AM, EA5GVK Joaquin wrote:
Help. It report it error when install dvswitch:
Selecting previously unselected package dvswitch-base.
(Reading database ... 42595 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack dvswitch-base_1.01-20180420-11_all.deb ...
Unpacking dvswitch-base (1.01-20180420-11) ...
Setting up dvswitch-base (1.01-20180420-11) ...
dpkg: error processing package dvswitch-base (--install):
 subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 8
 dvswitch-base