Re: DMRmonitor setup

Peter M0NWI

HI,

Have either of you got Web_tables.py running as a Daemon, I've tried but it it just seems to stop after it's attempted to load the .csv files, works normally when run from the command line.

I've switched on Debug logging, and below is all I get;

Starting system web_tables daemon:.
INFO:root:ID ALIAS MAPPER: 'peer_ids.csv' is current, not downloaded
INFO:root:ID ALIAS MAPPER: 'subscriber_ids.csv' is current, not downloaded

To run it I'm using a hacked version of the rc.bridge script, which seems OK when used with playback, rcm etc.

Peter

From: DVSwitch@groups.io <DVSwitch@groups.io> on behalf of Cort N0MJS <n0mjs@...>
Sent: 20 July 2017 20:30
To: DVSwitch@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] DMRmonitor setup

Actually, tcp_client and web_tables are very different in how they work… some folks may prefer one or the other.

Something I need to be really, really clear about with web_tables:

The real-time repeater activity uses the Motorola IPSC “Repeater Call Monitor” stuff. It’s not making guesses at what repeaters are doing, it is reporting what repeaters tell it they’re doing. It can lose an update packet, and I do not have all of RCM decoded, so some unexpected things still happen. But for example, if a repeater is listed as “repeating”, it’s because that repeater said it was repeating. Similarly, for those who will ask when HBlink will have a version — HBP, to my knowledge, does NOT have an RCM-like facility, so there will never be a feature just like this for HBP unless it gets a baked in facility like RCM in IPSC. I can think of some alternatives that are close… like piping MMDVM’s log over and using it to populate — that’s actually not too bad of a way to do it… But they’re still very different solutions to the same general end…. and it’l take a while.

On Jul 20, 2017, at 1:52 PM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:

Running current code now too.

On 7/20/2017 2:33 PM, Peter M0NWI wrote:
YES!

Got it, the pointer was when you said it should be getting the config.

You'd hardcoded 9000, and I'd not opened that port back into the cloud host firewall!!

All OK now, thanks, really nice page, but I'm utilitarian anyway.

Great stuff Cort.

Peter

Cort Buffington
785-865-7206

Join main@DVSwitch.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.