Looking for a better way to bridge YSF to DMR

Gary Mackey <Garymackey@...>

Edited

I've been searching the group and  Wiki section and finding a wealth of information almost to the point of information overload :-). I'm trying to find out if there is a better way to bridge YSF to DMR vs our current configuration. A way that would give is audio level control between DMR and Fusion and visibility into the number of DMR connections would be idea.

Our current configuration is WiresX Room 40557 (Ohio-Lnk)  that is bridged to YSF 48038 (Ohio-Link) using an OpenSpot (original). Our YSF reflector is being bridged for us by the BrandMeister team to TG31399.  Our WiresX room is running MS server 2018 and our YSF reflector is running on Debian. Both servers are hosted at the same location. This configuration has been in place for about 1.5 yrs now.

Over last 4 to 5 months we're started to experience randomly what sounds like looping audio from the DMR sides. I've uploaded a short video clip so you can hear what I'm talking about.

Some of the time this looping will clear on its own, most often we have to restart our YSF service to get it to stop. If your listening on the DMR TG side you don't hear looping. The looping is only head by the WiresX and YSF users. We have  ~25 repeaters/nodes connecting via Wires-X and ~30 connecting via YSF. Some of the local DMR repeaters carry us as a static TG. No visibility on how many are connecting on DMR side, and no information on how the Brandmeister team has us configured on their side. I only provided them with the DNS name for our YSF server and it magically was bridged.

I'm open to any suggestions. I do have a couple of the NW digital ThumbDV USB sticks.

73.
...Gary, KE8O