Re: AllStar to D-Star D-Star to DMR

Steve N4IRS

Stock DummyRepeater only knows how to talk the a sound card. The modification adds the ability for DummyRepeater to talk to Analog_Bridge or AllStarLink.

Steve

On 8/1/2017 11:52 AM, david bencini wrote:
Hi Steve, thank you !

Only 1 thing :

>You will need to modify DummyRepeater and recompile it.

Why ? i missed it ....

73

d.

David,
It looks like you are most of the way there. You are going to need to use a MMDVM or Motorola Repeater. We do not have support for Hytera. Here is a basic diagram:
MMDVM <---> HB_Bridge <---> Analog_Bridge <---> DummyRepeater <---> ircDDBGateway <-D-Star Network

Analog_Bridge and DummyRepeater each need a DV3000 (AMBEServer) you will need them on different ports. I suggest a powered Hub for 1 of the DV3000s.

HB_Bridge is at: <https://github.com/n0mjs710/HBlink/tree/HB_Bridge> Make sure you clone the HB_Bridge branch.
Analog_Bridge is at: <https://github.com/N4IRS/Analog_Bridge> Use the proper executable for your processor. For a Pi it is Analog_Bridge.ARM rename it to Analog_Bridge
You will need to modify DummyRepeater and recompile it. The changed file is at <https://github.com/N4IRS/Analog_Bridge/tree/master/DummyRepeater>

73, Steve N4IRS

On 8/1/2017 6:42 AM, david bencini wrote:
Hi Steve, your post is very interesting !

I currently have a configured system: RTX Retevis RT3 DMR connected to an URIx interface (with small circuit to have the COS signal). This interface is connected to a raspberry that runs a server ambe (a USB thumbDV is inserted) and dummyrepeater software and ircddbgateway for connection to a dstar reflector. These links between DMR and DSTAR work well, but it has a part in RF to a DMR repeater.

How can I manage everything via software only (w/out RTX)?

I have two ThumbDV 3000 usb dongle, raspberrys, hytera repeater, mmdvm repeaters, etc. So I can try any configuration.

The ideal would be: to connect the hytera dmr repeater (or mmdvm repeater ) to a server (which software must i to use?) Then process the audio datas (with the software / server (ambe server) ?) And finally send it to a dstar reflector server module. For example XLX or XRFor directly to a dstar repeater running ircddbgateway). Can you advise me a few possibilities? Do you have a software that allows you to connect dmr repeaters and send streams to a server somewhere?

Thank you

David IK5XMK