Re: Just Moved server from Digital Ocean and now server won't run

Mike KB8JNM

Re-check permissions and ownership of all ysf ref files . mainly a config file. But look at all.

I'm guessing just the ysf reflector is the only non-working from what you said. So, did you start the service ? and/or Restart and tail the logs.

If you are still stuck, try a 're-install' of ysf reflector and watch for errors.

But I would always be suspicious of a custom linux header on a VPS from their stock images being some issue.

On 6/17/2019 1:26 PM, N9UMJ wrote:
Mike

No just the files for dvswitch and Apache2 server, I downloaded the dvswitch build that steve had posted and copied to the new build.

It is identical as the DO server unless there is some files elsewhere that need to be pulled and installed??

Rick

On Mon, Jun 17, 2019, 10:10 AM Mike KB8JNM <groupio@...> wrote:

did you rsync the entire OS ?

On 6/16/2019 9:21 PM, N9UMJ wrote:
Hi Mike

I'm running Ubintu 18.04 on both Digital Ocean and Hostwinds VPS, Wanting to leave Dig O, I've moved all of the files from Dig O with rsync and setup the files the same on both instances. The config files are the same only moved to the new location.
The firewall rules are identical on both vps sites. , everything seems to be identical, I've made the changes on the ysf registry to reflect the new ip address and even turned off the droplet on dig Ocean to not create a conflict between the 2 servers, but still not able to get ysf reflector to run on dvswitch from the new server, I've contacted support at hostwinds and they tell me it's nothing to do with the my iso.and firewall setup and traffic should be passed.
Not sure what I'm missing here ? But I'm sure if must be something simple??
Since the instance on digital Ocean still works when I turn it back on???

Still comparing files , but it was almost  a copy and paste to the new vps. I even downloaded a new fresh image of DWswitch and installed the working files to the new install and kept the original as a backup?? Neither will work!

Still open for suggestions or another set of eyes to see what's been missed or changed.

Thanks
Rick n9umj

On Sun, Jun 16, 2019, 9:04 PM Mike KB8JNM <groupio@...> wrote:

Not sure if there is anything specific to Ubuntu but Just a thought... Your packaging might be missing something needed. Someone else may be able to chime in on that.

What does it say when you type   '  uname -r   ' from cmd line ?

Not familiar with Dig Oc but

Did you use one of their stock images ?  or - Can/did you load your own iso ?

On 6/16/2019 7:40 PM, N9UMJ wrote:
Hi Mike

Ubuntu 18.04

On Sun, Jun 16, 2019 at 12:20 PM Mike KB8JNM <groupio@...> wrote:

What OS and kernel version ?

On 6/16/2019 12:03 PM, N9UMJ wrote:
I just moved all of the DvSwitch files and server configurations away from Digital Ocean to a new VPS and can't get it to run, All of the ports have been configut=red on the firewall as the working version of DO, I was wondering if someone could give me some tips on what it might be or would be will to take a look see and see if I may have missed something

Thanks
Rick n9umj