Re: Trying to set up Parrot

Joshua Nulton

Thank you for sharing Jesse!

On Mon, Jul 8, 2019 at 4:51 AM Jesse Neu via Groups.Io <parkrangersteve=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
There is very little in the way of documentation on setting up parrot and it took me two weeks to figure out you have to run separate config files. I finally got it working on my master server and I thought I would share a short how to on getting it up and running.

Enjoy

Parrot Example

Parrot or Echo Test functions as a separate Master server. To set up Parrot on the same server as your current master you will need to either copy the HBlink directory to run a second instance or point hb_parrot.py to a secondary configuration file.

Configuring hblink.cfg

In your Configuration file called by hb_parrot.py you will need the following master configured

[Parrot-1]    #Can be anything you want, Naming in this file isn't important
MODE: MASTER
ENABLED: True
REPEAT: True
MAX_PEERS: 10
EXPORT_AMBE: False
IP:
PORT: 54000    #Remember this port number, you'll need it later
PASSPHRASE: s3cr37w0rd    #You'll need this too
GROUP_HANGTIME: 5
USE_ACL: True
REG_ACL: DENY:1
SUB_ACL: DENY:1
TGID_TS1_ACL: PERMIT:ALL
TGID_TS2_ACL: PERMIT:ALL

In your primary configuration called by hb_confbridge.py you will need to have the following PEER configured

[Parrot-1]     #Can be anything you want, You'll need this later
MODE: PEER
ENABLED: True
LOOSE: False
EXPORT_AMBE: False
IP:
PORT: 54001
MASTER_IP: 127.0.0.1    #loopback is fine if you are running both master and parrot on the same server
MASTER_PORT: 54000     #Same port as before
PASSPHRASE: s3cr37w0rd      #Must match password for our Parrot-1 Master above 
CALLSIGN: W1ABC        #Your callsign
RADIO_ID: 312000    #Your RadioID
RX_FREQ: 449000000   
TX_FREQ: 444000000
TX_POWER: 25
COLORCODE: 1
SLOTS: 1
LATITUDE: 38.0000
LONGITUDE: -095.0000
HEIGHT: 75
DESCRIPTION: This is a cool repeater
URL: www.w1abc.org
SOFTWARE_ID: 20170620
PACKAGE_ID: MMDVM_HBlink
GROUP_HANGTIME: 5
OPTIONS:
USE_ACL: True
SUB_ACL: DENY:1
TGID_TS1_ACL: PERMIT:ALL
TGID_TS2_ACL: PERMIT:ALL

Now we need to conference them together. For simplicity I will only include the relevant block. Make sure the 'SYSTEM' matches both Master and Peer exactly, put them both in the same time slot and talk group.

'ECHOTEST': [
            {'SYSTEM': 'MASTER-1',    'TS': 1, 'TGID': 9998,   'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE', 'ON': [3,], 'OFF': [8,10], 'RESET': []},
            {'SYSTEM': 'PARROT-1',    'TS': 1, 'TGID': 9998,   'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE', 'ON': [3,], 'OFF': [8,10], 'RESET': []},
        ],

Start hb_confbridge.py and parrot.py with their respective config files and everything should work!

Join main@DVSwitch.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.