Re: ALS - YSF audio levels

Bill Kittilson <bill.kittilson@...>

Perfect! Thanks
Bill

On Wed, Jul 10, 2019 at 1:15 PM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
Bill,
Thanks for posting this in the discussion group where everyone can see the question and answer.
Since Analog_Bridge started out as part of a Analog to DMR bridge, the setting used the DMR name. To be honest, this needs to be changed so that there is no confusion.
Here is what I suggest you start with:

aslAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN            ; Audio to ASL (AUDIO_UNITY, AUDIO_USE_AGC, AUDIO_USE_GAIN)
agcGain = 5                          ; Gain (in db) of the AGC filter
dmrAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN
dmrGain = .50

You can substitute DMR for YSF in your mind. In actuality, is should be ambeAudio and ambeGain. I expect we will change this in the next version

If you need to adjust the YSF -> ASL audio, change:
aslAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN
agcGain = 1.0
This should be the same level as unity
agcGain = 2.0
This should be twice as loud as unity
agcGain = 0.5
This should be half as loud as unity

If you need to adjust the ASL -> YSF audio, change:
dmrAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN
dmrGain = 1.0
This should be the same level as unity
dmrGain = 2.0
This should be twice as loud as unity
dmrGain = 0.5
This should be half as loud as unity

Hope this helps,
73, Steve N4IRS

.

On 7/10/2019 1:02 PM, Bill Kittilson wrote:
Where does one made audio adjustment from YSF to ASL
ASL -> YSF audio
YSF -> ASL audio

Analog_Bridge configuration file

aslAudio = AUDIO_USE_AGC               ; Audio to ASL (AUDIO_UNITY, AUDIO_USE_AGC, AUDIO_USE_GAIN)
agcGain = -25                        ; Gain (in db) of the AGC filter
dmrAudio = AUDIO_USE_GAIN
dmrGain = .50

I see DMR but what about YSF do I just add
ysfAudio =  AUDIO_USE_GAIN
ysfGain = .50

Thanks
Bill