Re: Current status DMRlink, HBlink DVSwitch

Steve N4IRS

David,
Since both "endpoints" speak HBR protocol (MMDVM) it might be as simple as using HBlink:
dmrmaster <---> HBlink <---> XLX.
The problem that you might run into that HBlink does omore checking of the source ID. That is where DMRGateway came in.
Cort or Mike may chime in will a more detailed answer. Since it's only software (did I really say that?) It's worth a try. Take it one side at a time and build into the middle.

Steve

On 9/28/2017 3:15 PM, david bencini ik5xmk wrote:
Thank you Steve. It can be a way to try. Good!

At the end (only me ?) i need a software that side A it connects an xlx module (like standard mmdvm repeater) and
side B it connects a dmrmaster server (like standard mmdvm repeater), so when i hit  a TG i can hear me on dstar and viceversa.
Transcoding is fully working on my xlx.
I think (wrong tinking?) that it is not difficult to bring a data flow from a system to other, with same homebrew protocol.

by the way, thank you and best 73 to you and to all guys on group

David IK5XMK

David,
I do not know of a way to connect DMR+, IPSC2 or DMRMaster to XLX. If, and it's a BIG if, IPSC2 can connect to IPSC_Bridge (DMRlink) it might go something like this:
IPSC2 <---> IPSC_Bridge <---> HB_Bridge <---> DMRGateway <---> XLX. I think I remember someone posting that he needed DMRGateway from G4KLX to connect HB_Bridge to XLX.
Sorry I could not be of more help.

73, Steve N4IRS

On 9/28/2017 2:50 PM, david bencini ik5xmk wrote:
Hi Steve, great work !! Thank you.

Please, where can i find informations/which software/configuration about linking my dmr server (dmrmaster.webandcloud.net or ipsc2.webandcloud.net
to my xlx dstar server (http://vpngrf.webandcloud.net/db/dashboard/index.php) that it has an hardware transcoder server (2 USB ThumbDV)  into? I need a dmr flow to put into my
dstar system so i can join my dstar/dmr repeaters in my region. Now i can link my mmdvm repeater directly to xlx via dmrmmdvm protocol, and it works
very well with good audio, but a lot of friends are on dmr servers and i need a "connector" from dmr world to dstar one :)

Thank you for any infos
73, David IK5XMK