Re: Current status DMRlink, HBlink DVSwitch

david bencini ik5xmk

Hi Steve, i'm looking for hblink-SAMPLE.cfg to work with this software.

Can you help me to understand how to handle this link?

In practice hblink should be able to connect as mmdvm client to the XLX dstar reflector, so act in configuration in this way?

[REPEATER-1]
MODE: CLIENT
ENABLED: True
EXPORT_AMBE: False
IP:
PORT: 62030
MASTER_PORT: 62030
PASSPHRASE: homebrew
CALLSIGN: IK5XMK
RADIO_ID: 2225013
RX_FREQ: 449000000
TX_FREQ: 444000000
TX_POWER: 25
COLORCODE: 1
SLOTS: 2

and then, on the other side, to DMR MASTER server as mmdvm client repeater:

[REPEATER-2]
MODE: CLIENT
ENABLED: True
EXPORT_AMBE: False
IP:
PORT: 55555
MASTER_PORT: 55555
PASSPHRASE: passw0rd
CALLSIGN: IK5XMK
RADIO_ID: 2225013
RX_FREQ: 449000000
TX_FREQ: 444000000
TX_POWER: 25
COLORCODE: 1
SLOTS: 2

on [MASTER-1]
ENABLED: False

What else do you need to hblink to work?
Is this a way to think about a collector between the two networks? This is for the first step to try the link...

Thank you,
David

... must i to open a new topic for this?

David,
Since both "endpoints" speak HBR protocol (MMDVM) it might be as simple as using HBlink:
dmrmaster <---> HBlink <---> XLX.
The problem that you might run into that HBlink does omore checking of the source ID. That is where DMRGateway came in.
Cort or Mike may chime in will a more detailed answer. Since it's only software (did I really say that?) It's worth a try. Take it one side at a time and build into the middle.

Steve

On 9/28/2017 3:15 PM, david bencini ik5xmk wrote:
Thank you Steve. It can be a way to try. Good!

At the end (only me ?) i need a software that side A it connects an xlx module (like standard mmdvm repeater) and
side B it connects a dmrmaster server (like standard mmdvm repeater), so when i hit  a TG i can hear me on dstar and viceversa.
Transcoding is fully working on my xlx.
I think (wrong tinking?) that it is not difficult to bring a data flow from a system to other, with same homebrew protocol.

by the way, thank you and best 73 to you and to all guys on group

David IK5XMK

David,
I do not know of a way to connect DMR+, IPSC2 or DMRMaster to XLX. If, and it's a BIG if, IPSC2 can connect to IPSC_Bridge (DMRlink) it might go something like this:
IPSC2 <---> IPSC_Bridge <---> HB_Bridge <---> DMRGateway <---> XLX. I think I remember someone posting that he needed DMRGateway from G4KLX to connect HB_Bridge to XLX.
Sorry I could not be of more help.

73, Steve N4IRS

On 9/28/2017 2:50 PM, david bencini ik5xmk wrote:
Hi Steve, great work !! Thank you.

Please, where can i find informations/which software/configuration about linking my dmr server (dmrmaster.webandcloud.net or ipsc2.webandcloud.net
to my xlx dstar server (http://vpngrf.webandcloud.net/db/dashboard/index.php) that it has an hardware transcoder server (2 USB ThumbDV)  into? I need a dmr flow to put into my
dstar system so i can join my dstar/dmr repeaters in my region. Now i can link my mmdvm repeater directly to xlx via dmrmmdvm protocol, and it works
very well with good audio, but a lot of friends are on dmr servers and i need a "connector" from dmr world to dstar one :)

Thank you for any infos
73, David IK5XMK