Re: Current status DMRlink, HBlink DVSwitch

Steve N4IRS

I could not say it any better then Cort. For me it's about open source tools that allow people to control their own destiny. I'n not out to build a giant network and have to admin it. Oh, and "sticking it to the man" ain't so bad either.

DVSwitch is the next logical step in how Partners connect to each other and how that that traffic flows. Nothing giant, just versatile

Steve.

On 09/29/2017 05:42 PM, Cort N0MJS wrote:
I should be clear.... you CAN build a “network” with our tools. Being lord and master of yet another DMR fiefdom is not part of our plan.

0x49 DE N0MJS

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 29, 2017, at 4:00 PM, Cort N0MJS <n0mjs@...> wrote:

I am strongly opposed to single-entity control of networking as it has always been with DMR... because we end up with disparate “networks” fighting over who’s better than the other.

I started DMRlink almost 4.5 years ago with the goal of building tools and knowledge for networking, but not to “build a network”.

0x49 DE N0MJS

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 29, 2017, at 2:55 PM, Matthew 2E0SIP <groups.io@...> wrote:

Welcome back guys, thanks for your continued efforts.

Out of curiosity, what's the end goal for DVSwitch? Is it intended as a small scale tool for bridging modes and networks, or is the end goal for it to function as a standalone network itself, with 'nodes' distributed globally?

Thanks

Matthew
2E0SIP