Re: Current status DMRlink, HBlink DVSwitch

david bencini ik5xmk

Hi Steve, you are right, but MMDVM repeaters have no problems to connect to XLX servers at the moment, so can we find a solution/patch to hblink project ?
Can i help you in any ways? Have you a code to test "on the fly" ? :)
It is very import to have finally a dmr data flow from a dmr net to an xlx reflector with transcoder on board.
My systems are available for any test

Thank you very much guys

David

Matthew,
Thank you for the captures and comments. That's consistent with what we think are the inconstancy of HB Protocol. The published document, The source code without comments and multiple servers do it "their way" Maybe a effort to create a true protocol document would be worthwhile. Something that actually documents what is happening. We could use it to convince the different parties to come to some agreement.

Thanks, Steve

--
The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from!

On 10/2/2017 7:12 PM, Matthew 2E0SIP wrote:

Hi Steve,

Heres the login details for XLX950-

Address=xlx950.epf.lu
Port=62030
Password=passw0rd

I performed some packet captures direct from MMDVMHost and it looks as though XLX950 is not returning the Repeater ID after the RPTACK. I've checked the source and it doesn't look like MMDVMHost or DMRGateway are validating the repeater ID but HBLink is, causing it to fail. Interestingly enough, DMRGateway does include the Repeater ID when it ACK's the MMDVMHost login.

I've attached the packet captures-

mmdvm_bm.pcap (successful BM login, showing RPTACK with Repeater ID)

mmdvm_xlx.pcap (succesfull XLX login, showing RPTACK without Repeater ID)

I guess to be inline with MMDVMHost and DMRGateway, HBlink shouldn't validate the repeater ID when it receives an RTPACK from a master, but should include the ID when it sends a RPTACK to a master.

I hope that helps,

Matthew

2E0SIP