Re: Wires-X options

Corey Dean N3FE <n3fe@...>

We can’t.  Bm has ipsc build in and you must have an nda with motorola to be able to even work with it.  If any of that code is embedded into other pieces, which it is, it can’t be shared.  Same goes with the cbridge code.  Pretty straight forward.

Corey n3fe

On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 11:57 AM Robert Bretzman <robertbretzman@...> wrote:
Skyler, BM will not share anything
73
Robert

On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 11:53 AM Skyler Fennell <electricity440@...> wrote:
Thanks for the replies.

Before I ask BM, has anybody already reached out to see if they would  provide a copy of their Wires-x program?

On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 9:04 AM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
"Is this wires-x to DMR code public, I can't find it anywhere. Is BM open source? Is there any other way to cross-link to Wires-X without using an RF link or going through BM? "

On 7/31/2019 11:02 AM, Robert Bretzman wrote:
Skyler, You can do it with a RF bridge. I do it on the TGIF network and works great. If you like you can e-mail me at robertbretzman@...  I will be happy to share my information.
73
Robert
K4WZV
TGIF Admin

On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 10:48 AM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:

On 7/31/2019 10:44 AM, Skyler Fennell wrote:
My understanding is that BrandMeister reverse engineered the Wires-X protocol so we can connect to wires-x nodes through their system.
Correct
Is this wires-x to DMR code public, I can't find it anywhere. Is BM open source? Is there any other way to cross-link to Wires-X without using an RF link or going through BM?
No, the reverse code is not public. No, BM is not open source. I do not know of a way to connect to Wires-X.