Re: Wires-X options

Robert Bretzman

Things have improved. We have a great growing network. Maybe you would think differently if what they did happened to you. And you only know a small part of it.
I am not going there because I am the better man. I am not the only one that feels this way.
Have a great day and thanks for your input
73
Robert

On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 12:38 PM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
Well,
Your statement is untrue. BM does share some things. Just not everything someone might want.

Being a professional victim does no one any good. Get over your hurt feelings and try to be the bigger man. Maybe, just maybe if you stop complaining about how BM "mistreated" you, things would improve. I have been a HAM for 50 years and have seen this BS come and go. Years from now, no one will care who wronged who.

Steve N4IRS

On 7/31/2019 12:34 PM, Robert Bretzman wrote:
Steve, Did I lie ? was I misleading ? I asked A simple question and to end it that
That is very Anti Amateur radio and human ethics.
73
Robert

On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 12:29 PM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
Robert,
What do you expect him to say when you say things like "BM will not share anything" I am no big fan of BM and I really don't expect them to share anything having to do with reverse engineering. Simply put, very few people have access to that information and the Master server owners do not have access.

I am reopening this thread, but I will delete messages from and moderate ANYONE I feel is attacking another user.

Steve N4IRS

On 7/31/2019 12:21 PM, Robert Bretzman wrote:
Typical response. never ceases to amaze me. lol
Robert

On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 12:17 PM Corey Dean N3FE <n3fe@...> wrote:
I do not have access to it plane and simple.  You want it?  Go ask Artem.  I am not discussing this with you any further.

Corey

On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 12:11 PM Robert Bretzman <robertbretzman@...> wrote:
What does having a NDA have to do with the reversed engineered HRI 200 software for the wires X mode ?
Robert

On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 12:03 PM Corey Dean N3FE <n3fe@...> wrote:
We can’t.  Bm has ipsc build in and you must have an nda with motorola to be able to even work with it.  If any of that code is embedded into other pieces, which it is, it can’t be shared.  Same goes with the cbridge code.  Pretty straight forward.

Corey n3fe

On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 11:57 AM Robert Bretzman <robertbretzman@...> wrote:
Skyler, BM will not share anything
73
Robert

On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 11:53 AM Skyler Fennell <electricity440@...> wrote:
Thanks for the replies.

Before I ask BM, has anybody already reached out to see if they would  provide a copy of their Wires-x program?

On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 9:04 AM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
"Is this wires-x to DMR code public, I can't find it anywhere. Is BM open source? Is there any other way to cross-link to Wires-X without using an RF link or going through BM? "

On 7/31/2019 11:02 AM, Robert Bretzman wrote:
Skyler, You can do it with a RF bridge. I do it on the TGIF network and works great. If you like you can e-mail me at robertbretzman@...  I will be happy to share my information.
73
Robert
K4WZV
TGIF Admin

On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 10:48 AM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:

On 7/31/2019 10:44 AM, Skyler Fennell wrote:
My understanding is that BrandMeister reverse engineered the Wires-X protocol so we can connect to wires-x nodes through their system.
Correct
Is this wires-x to DMR code public, I can't find it anywhere. Is BM open source? Is there any other way to cross-link to Wires-X without using an RF link or going through BM?
No, the reverse code is not public. No, BM is not open source. I do not know of a way to connect to Wires-X.