Re: Wires-X options

Jeff - WA3PNY

We have Wires-X to XLX working with a RF bridge.  That’s the problem with proprietary protocols.

Jeff

Rev. Jeffrey V. Bauer
6381 Mulberry Ln.
Macungie, PA 18062
WA3PNY
CCS-7 3142263
NXDN 504
Wires-X 18394/28394

On Jul 31, 2019, at 11:59 AM, Patrick Perdue <patrick@...> wrote:

I, too, would love to find a way to connect a XLX reflector to Wires-X, and have not heard of this being done, only YSF.

On 7/31/2019 10:48 AM, Steve N4IRS wrote:

On 7/31/2019 10:44 AM, Skyler Fennell wrote:
My understanding is that BrandMeister reverse engineered the Wires-X protocol so we can connect to wires-x nodes through their system.
Correct
Is this wires-x to DMR code public, I can't find it anywhere. Is BM open source? Is there any other way to cross-link to Wires-X without using an RF link or going through BM?
No, the reverse code is not public. No, BM is not open source. I do not know of a way to connect to Wires-X.