Re: Wires-X options

Robert Bretzman

Sounds great Jeff, Thanks to a bunch of hard work from the guys that do the coding the bridges on our Network work very well.
It is great to have knowledgeable hams willing to share their great work so everyone can enjoy the hobby.
73
Robert
K4WZV

On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 12:54 PM Jeff - WA3PNY via Groups.Io <bauerjv=mac.com@groups.io> wrote:
We have Wires-X to XLX working with a RF bridge.  That’s the problem with proprietary protocols.

Jeff

Rev. Jeffrey V. Bauer
6381 Mulberry Ln.
Macungie, PA 18062
WA3PNY
CCS-7 3142263
NXDN 504
Wires-X 18394/28394

On Jul 31, 2019, at 11:59 AM, Patrick Perdue <patrick@...> wrote:

I, too, would love to find a way to connect a XLX reflector to Wires-X, and have not heard of this being done, only YSF.

On 7/31/2019 10:48 AM, Steve N4IRS wrote:

On 7/31/2019 10:44 AM, Skyler Fennell wrote:
My understanding is that BrandMeister reverse engineered the Wires-X protocol so we can connect to wires-x nodes through their system.
Correct
Is this wires-x to DMR code public, I can't find it anywhere. Is BM open source? Is there any other way to cross-link to Wires-X without using an RF link or going through BM?
No, the reverse code is not public. No, BM is not open source. I do not know of a way to connect to Wires-X.