Re: Jackhammer Sound

Steve N4IRS

Did you disable use emulator in AB.ini?

On 8/2/19 4:09 PM, Jeff Lehman, N8ACL via Groups.Io wrote:
I stopped it and still got the jackhammer.....

I checked status of the Emulator....

systemctl status md380-emu
* md380-emu.service - MD-380 Emulator Service
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/md380-emu.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Fri 2019-08-02 20:09:04 UTC; 209ms ago
  Process: 673 ExecStart=/opt/md380-emu/md380-emu -S 2470 (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)
 Main PID: 673 (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)
md380-emu.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

On 8/2/19 4:01 PM, Steve N4IRS wrote:
That would be my guess. Turn off the emulator and retest.

On 8/2/19 3:59 PM, Jeff Lehman, N8ACL via Groups.Io wrote:
HI all,

I just did an install of another bridge and I am getting this weird sound. Background....

I am building a DMR<--> ASL bridge on a VM. I have one system on one VM and the Bridge on another. I am using USRP to connect from the main ASL system to the VM/Bridge. I have done this before with a YSF reflector, using USRP to connect to AB on a second VM with the YSF reflector running on it with MB.

I have AB and MB on the bridge VM and have USRP connected properly. When I key up I can see the traffic flow in the right directions.

Problem is, I get this jackhammer, almost grinding sound when I key up from Either end. If i key from ASL, I have the grinding on DMR. Same thing if I key from the radio going to ASL.

This has happened before in the past and I was able to reload the system from a snapshot and the problem went away. My gut says it's something maybe with md380-emu?

Thoughts?

Jeff, N8ACL