Re: bridging ASL, DMR and DSTAR

Patrick Perdue

Hi Steve:

OK, thanks for that. I'll probably just go with the first option for ease-of-setup. Maybe I'll try it with a soft vocoder before committing to more hardware, since the XLX reflector is already translating to DSTAR.

But, this leads me to another question.

Would it be possible to insert ladspa DSP effects between analog_bridge and DMR using SoX or some other method? I'm thinking of using, say, a downward expander to minimize some background from analog to digital, so the encoder doesn't have to work so hard when there is some noise on the analog signal. Of course, this won't do any good for extreme cases, but for excellent to moderate signals. Maybe a limiter on the input to ASL from DMR might be nice, too.