Re: bridging ASL, DMR and DSTAR

Steve KC1AWV

I don't see why not. Though you may want to play with the analog audio while it's in ASL before it goes to AB. Generally speaking, if it can be done in asterisk, it can also be done in ASL.

On Wed, Oct 2, 2019, 4:58 AM Patrick Perdue <patrick@...> wrote:
Hi Steve:

OK, thanks for that. I'll probably just go with the first option for
ease-of-setup. Maybe I'll try it with a soft vocoder before committing
to more hardware, since the XLX reflector is already translating to DSTAR.

But, this leads me to another question.

Would it be possible to insert ladspa DSP effects between analog_bridge
and DMR using SoX or some other method? I'm thinking of using, say, a
downward expander to minimize some background from analog to digital, so
the encoder doesn't have to work so hard when there is some noise on the
analog signal. Of course, this won't do any good for extreme cases, but
for excellent to moderate signals. Maybe a limiter on the input to ASL
from DMR might be nice, too.