Re: bridging ASL, DMR and DSTAR

Steve KC1AWV

I like these kinds of projects, ones that make me think! If I take a step back and take a higher level look, these are my thoughts.

If we don't want to fiddle with the Asterisk code, then we have two options on where to play with the audio. Either before it gets into ASL, or on its way out into AB. If I had to guess, then the audio on its way out of ASL and into AB might be the better option. When sending audio to AB, you're practically just taking audio from an Asterisk conference bridge through an extension and using chan_usrp to pipe it into AB. If there's a way to take the audio being piped from ASL through chan_usrp, play with it a bit, then pipe it into AB... that could be an option. Though I've never tried it, so your mileage may vary. If there's someone that has more experience with tinkering the audio path between ASL and AB, they might have a better answer.

On Wed, Oct 2, 2019 at 6:36 AM Patrick Perdue <patrick@...> wrote:
It's been a long time since I've done anything with Asterisk (I used to
manage some phone systems years ago,) but I don't recall being able to
easily process audio without making changes to source. ASL already has
some DSP-based stuff built-in, so maybe I can look at what it's doing
and go from there. I'd rather do as much processing within Asterisk, but
I am more familiar with passing audio in real time through SoX and
LADSPA processors, which I assume I could pipe AB to and from if
necessary. Time to experiment, I guess.

--
Steve Miller
KC1AWV