Re: MMDVM_BRIDGE and connect to XLX selected Module #mmdvm_bridge

Steve KC1AWV

> Steve, I wonder why you call the module id's TG's
> I do recognise XLX and openspot accept link id's as group contact protocol, whereas usually they would be private call.
You answered your own question there. Call it whatever you want, but placing a call to 4001-4026 will switch MB to the module you want.

> I think the question refers to using mmdvm_bridge without DMRGateway to connect to a XLX module. You document shows DMRGateway in the mix, however you did not show DMRgateway in your flow line in this thread   ?
That's an oversight on my part, it's been a while since I've touched that document. MB does not need DMRGateway to connect to an XLX server.

> AFAIK the Options= for mmdvm_bridge is only relevant to DMR+? if it worlks with XLX please let me know, I have not seen it work.
Well, that's the Options line. What I mentioned was the Module line. The Module line is what initially connects MB to an XLX module.

> A mmdvm_bridge config supporting XLX module link would be great.
That's what my document shows. I didn't say copy my document exactly, just use it as a guide.

[XLX Network]

Enabled=1

File=/var/lib/mmdvm/XLXHosts.txt

Port=62030

Password=passw0rd

ReloadTime=60

# Local=3351

Slot=1

TG=6

Base=64000

Startup=123

Relink=10

Debug=0

Module=D

On Wed, Oct 2, 2019 at 10:23 AM Adrian Fewster <vk4tux@...> wrote:

Steve, I wonder why you call the module id's TG's   ? The only numbers I call TG's have group call contacts and you can group qso using that group call contact.

I refer to reflector and XLX module id's as PC's which only use usually private call id's to link not qso on, thus negating then as a TG.

I do recognise XLX and openspot accept link id's as group contact protocol, whereas usually they would be private call.

I think the question refers to using mmdvm_bridge without DMRGateway to connect to a XLX module. You document shows DMRGateway in the mix,

however you did not show DMRgateway in your flow line in this thread   ?

AFAIK the Options= for mmdvm_bridge is only relevant to DMR+? if it worlks with XLX please let me know, I have not seen it work.

If the hblink peer style option for xlx could be adapted for mmdvm_bridge config that would be great, to make the flow simpler, with dmrgateway not required.

I have setup a script in the past to use two stages of (DMR side) analog bridge session, the first running 4004 to link , then killed and the second stage analog bridge using TG9 to then qso,

and that works well. however using DMRGateway works quite well here with my P25<>XLX bridge. A mmdvm_bridge config supporting XLX module link would be great.

Adrian ... vk4tux

On 2/10/19 11:10 pm, Steve KC1AWV wrote:
XLX modules use TGs in the 4000 range. 4001 for module A, 4002 for module B ... 4026 for module Z if you want to change it on the fly from a radio.

The other option is for MMDVM_Bridge to take the Module option in the stanza you use to connect to the XLX server.

Module=D

Will connect MMDVM_Bridge to XLX module D on connect. You can use my document as a guide.

On Wed, Oct 2, 2019 at 1:20 AM Waldek SP2ONG <sp2ong@...> wrote:
Hi,

Is it possible  connect mmdvm_bridgeto to  XLX reflector with the selected module just like DMRgateway?

73 Waldek

--
Steve Miller
KC1AWV