Re: MMDVM_BRIDGE and connect to XLX selected Module #mmdvm_bridge

SP2ONG Waldek

Edited

Steve and Mike,

I suppose MMDVM_Bridge is based on MMDVMHost and looking at the sources in the version.h file

https://github.com/g4klx/MMDVMHost/blob/master/Version.h#L22

there is information about the software version. Maybe it will be nice to put, for example, "20190701-MMDVM_Bridge" just like Andy does in MMDVMHost for Pi-Star: "20190923-Pi_Star"

I suspect why I see "MMDVM_Unknow" in the "PACKAGE_ID" field of the Hombrew protocol from MMDVM_Bridge. Looking for MMDVMHost sources in DMRNetwork.cpp

   https://github.com/g4klx/MMDVMHost/blob/0b9c1b13629901803f8a3d63bec2695ad13c5269/DMRNetwork.cpp#L576

is placed in PACKAGE_ID information about the hardware/modem used. Because MMDVM_Bridge does not use a hardware modem, it is "MMDVM_Unknown"  it looks OK, but it might be better to enter the  "NONE" :-), but there is cosmetic information when we displayed information about connected systems / users, such as on maps or BM status, etc.:

http://bm.ham-dmr.pl/status/list.htm

73 Waldek SP2ONG