tnx
Mike / W5JR
Alpharetta GA

On Oct 8, 2019, at 6:33 PM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:

Mike,
You are correct on what SHOULD be the login and password. I built that image over a year ago so I'm a bit fuzzy. My BBB is packed up for a move so I can't test it here. I know Mike also has a BBB so if he can find it maybe he can test. As soon as I have a desk again (next week) I'll give it a try.

Sorry I can't be of more help right now.

Steve N4IRS

Sent by smoke signal (AT&T)

From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of Mike/W5JR <w5jr.lists@...>
Sent: Tuesday, October 8, 2019 5:37:04 PM
To: main@dvswitch.groups.io <main@dvswitch.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] ASL BeagleBone Black

Nope, the ASL_1.01-20180228-armhf-bbb-strech-image.img. The accompanying readme file says user:repeater, pw:allstarlink, consistent with other ASL rpi versions.

I do have a couple of the early hamvoip bbb units operating (pre rpi) and wish to migrate them over to ASL. Yes, they are “root”.

I realize that little, if any, development is taking place on the ASL version. And absolutely *zero* development has taken place on the hv version in years.

tnx
Mike / W5JR
Alpharetta GA

On Oct 8, 2019, at 5:09 PM, Steve KC1AWV <smiller@...> wrote:

A quick Google search for Beaglebone Black AllStarLink provided a document with this information:

The login username is root and the PW is root

I also assume this is the hamvoip distribution? If so, you may get better help from the hamvoip folks.

On Tue, Oct 8, 2019 at 4:27 PM Mike/W5JR <w5jr.lists@...> wrote:
I’ve finally gotten around to making an SD card for the BBB ASL image. I’m trying to log into the unit for the first time with this SD card. I’m connected to it via ssh port 22 just fine and it appears to accept the “repeater” user name. Entering the password specified in the readme file of “allstarlink” isn’t working. I’ve tried some capitalization perturbations, but no joy. Is there a different pw? Reimage the SD card? Looking for ideas.

Tnx
Mike/W5JR
Alpharetta GA

--