Re: ASL BeagleBone Black

Mike/W5JR

Mike Z, I did reimage, but no change. I also tried a few other perturbations without success.

No urgency/deadline on getting this going. Let me know when you get a chance to look at it once you’re settled in.

tnx
Mike / W5JR
Alpharetta GA

On Oct 8, 2019, at 7:06 PM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:

Yep, that's what I wrote.

On 10/8/19 6:43 PM, Mike/W5JR wrote:
Oops, error in the URL. Use this one.

tnx
Mike / W5JR
Alpharetta GA

On Oct 8, 2019, at 6:30 PM, Mike/W5JR via Groups.Io <w5jr.lists@...> wrote:

Hi, Steve.

The bbb version I’m inquiring about is *not* the hv bbb. This is the one the other Steve, N4IRS, put on the ASL_Images on the dvswitch site.

dvswitch.org/files/ASL_Images/BeagleBoard/Beagle_Board_Black/

tnx
Mike / W5JR
Alpharetta GA

On Oct 8, 2019, at 5:50 PM, Steve KC1AWV <smiller@...> wrote:

> The accompanying readme file says user:repeater, pw:allstarlink, consistent with other ASL rpi versions.
Then, either the README is incorrect, or the image is incorrect. I'd ask whoever wrote the README in that case.

> I realize that little, if any, development is taking place on the ASL version. And absolutely *zero* development has taken place on the hv version in years.
Which ASL version do you mean? And as far as I can see, then last update to HamVOIP was on August 22, 2019 for the RPi 4.

HamVOIP has a release called Final Version (1.2.2) located here: https://www2.hamvoip.org/BBB/BBB_Allstar_V1.2.2.img.zip

Hope this helps.

On Tue, Oct 8, 2019 at 5:37 PM Mike/W5JR <w5jr.lists@...> wrote:
Nope, the ASL_1.01-20180228-armhf-bbb-strech-image.img. The accompanying readme file says user:repeater, pw:allstarlink, consistent with other ASL rpi versions.

I do have a couple of the early hamvoip bbb units operating (pre rpi) and wish to migrate them over to ASL. Yes, they are “root”.

I realize that little, if any, development is taking place on the ASL version. And absolutely *zero* development has taken place on the hv version in years.

tnx
Mike / W5JR
Alpharetta GA

On Oct 8, 2019, at 5:09 PM, Steve KC1AWV <smiller@...> wrote:

A quick Google search for Beaglebone Black AllStarLink provided a document with this information:

The login username is root and the PW is root

I also assume this is the hamvoip distribution? If so, you may get better help from the hamvoip folks.

On Tue, Oct 8, 2019 at 4:27 PM Mike/W5JR <w5jr.lists@...> wrote:
I’ve finally gotten around to making an SD card for the BBB ASL image. I’m trying to log into the unit for the first time with this SD card. I’m connected to it via ssh port 22 just fine and it appears to accept the “repeater” user name. Entering the password specified in the readme file of “allstarlink” isn’t working. I’ve tried some capitalization perturbations, but no joy. Is there a different pw? Reimage the SD card? Looking for ideas.

Tnx
Mike/W5JR
Alpharetta GA

--