Re: Analog Bridge and DStar

Steven Blackford

Mike,
   I've attached my copies of my working config files that I use to create a full time bridge between D-Star<->DMR on BM TG 31254 and DCS054B.  This has been working solidly for over a month now.  If you have any questions, feel free to ask.  Steve, N4IRS helped me get this up & running when I first started looking at creating a new bridge.  I can't thank him enough. LOL

I use this setup on an ODroid C1 w/ a PIDV setup on /dev/ttyS2 which is the GPIO board and then I have one of the Original DV-Dongle's on /dev/ttyUSB.

The ODroid's IP address is 192.168.0.240.  Since I already have ircDDBGateway running on a different device controlling my 440 DVAP, I just added a second "repeater" in the ircDDBGateway Config.  ircDDBGateway is running on a PI3 w/ the IP of 192.168.0.250 and is configured to automatically connect to DCS054B on start up & if it gets disconnected.  Hopefully that explains everything w/ enough detail.  Again, if you have any questions, feel free to ask. :-)  73 de K4SQI!

On Sat, Nov 18, 2017 at 4:14 PM, Steven Blackford <kb7sqi@...> wrote:
Mike,
   I'm happy to give you some help.  I have the exact setup running & it works great.  I can email you my configs here shortly to help get you started. :-)

Steve

On Sat, Nov 18, 2017 at 4:08 PM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
Mike,
You do not need Analog bridge if you are trying to connect D-Star with AllStarLink. The modified version of DummyRepeater will talk directly to the USRP channel driver in ASL.

Steve N4IRS

On 11/18/2017 02:05 PM, mjswiatk via Groups.Io wrote:
How to I configure Analog Bridge to communicate with ircddbgateway?   I am using a DV3000 usb dongle.
I have a few questions.

1) How do I configure Analog_Bridge.ini to allow ircddbgateway and dummy repeater to speak to analog bridge?  The file is fairly straight-forward for DMR, but I want to interface with DStar.  Does anyone have a sample file?

2) I get the error "cannot open the sound card" when I load dummyrepater.  What I am doing wrong?  I followed these directions:
https://github.com/N4IRS/Analog_Bridge/blob/master/DummyRepeater/Notes.txt   But, this does not seem to be adequate in explaining what else I need to do.  Under Dummy Repeater--> Edit--> Preferences--> sound card I chose input and output to be the Dummy PCM.  Under Dongle I chose DV3000 serial., /dev/ttyUSB0, and speed 460800. What do I choose for controller?  Why would I get this error?

thanks much,
Mike, AA9VI

--
-----