Re: Analog Bridge and DStar

Steven Blackford

Mike,
   Just to make sure you have everything I that I have setup.  I've also attached my ircddbgateway & the Dummy Repeater config file I have setup on a seperate computer running an AllStar/Echolink node w/ out a radio attached.  Again this is connected to D-Star on DCS054B using an x86 system & a ThumbDV.  I'll fully admit that I'm an AllStar newb.  I was looking for a way to add in EchoLink to our Link system so I could monitor things & listen while I was working in Datacenters @ night.  I attemped to get have a working AllStar Node & have my DMR<->D-Star bridge working on the same computer, but I couldn't figure out how to get the audio to pass from both DMR/D-Star over to EchoLink & vice versa.  I could only get one side working.  If some one else has any ideas on that, I'd love to hear them! :-)  Again feel free to ask questions.  I'll do my best to help out.  73 de K4SQI

This computer's IP is 192.168.0.238.  Again, I have my ircDDBGateway configured on a PI3 @ 192.168.0.250.  The "A" Module is setup for D-Star going to the AllStar/EchoLink Node.  "B" Module is my 440 DVAP.   Then my "D" module is used for the D-Star<->DMR Bridge on the ODroid @ 192.168.0.240.  Here's my config files.  The Dummy Repeater config files are placed in what ever User home directory you're starting the dummy repeater software.  The file should be named ".Dummy Repeater"  It's a hidden file.

Steve

On Sat, Nov 18, 2017 at 2:05 PM, mjswiatk via Groups.Io <mjswiatk@...> wrote:
How to I configure Analog Bridge to communicate with ircddbgateway?   I am using a DV3000 usb dongle.
I have a few questions.

1) How do I configure Analog_Bridge.ini to allow ircddbgateway and dummy repeater to speak to analog bridge?  The file is fairly straight-forward for DMR, but I want to interface with DStar.  Does anyone have a sample file?

2) I get the error "cannot open the sound card" when I load dummyrepater.  What I am doing wrong?  I followed these directions:
https://github.com/N4IRS/Analog_Bridge/blob/master/DummyRepeater/Notes.txt   But, this does not seem to be adequate in explaining what else I need to do.  Under Dummy Repeater--> Edit--> Preferences--> sound card I chose input and output to be the Dummy PCM.  Under Dongle I chose DV3000 serial., /dev/ttyUSB0, and speed 460800. What do I choose for controller?  Why would I get this error?

thanks much,
Mike, AA9VI

--
-----