using ambed with DVSwitch

Patrick Perdue

Hi:

I'm setting up a bm > ASL bridge with MD380_emu for now. I have a box with two ThumbDV dongles connected via ambed to my XLX reflector, which has an existing bridge to Brandmeister.

DVSwitch is set up for AMBEserver, not ambed. Are the protocols the same? Can I just add a third dongle and point Analog_Bridge at my existing ambed, or should I run AMBEserver as well? If so, assuming I want to run it on the same box, how would I make sure ambed doesn't grab all of the dongles, so that one is reserved with use for AMBEserver?

Thanks and 73:

KE4DYI