Re: AMBEserver on rPI for Analog_Bridge

Steve N4IRS

Patrick,
I would not suggest you use a powered hub. Plug the ThumbDV directly into the Pi.
The ThumbDV is very sensitive to power dips.
See this: <https://dvswitch.groups.io/g/main/message/315?p=,,,20,0,0,0::relevance,,DV3000U,20,2,0,5521534>

Fore USB latency:
As root:
cat /sys/bus/usb-serial/devices/ttyUSB0/latency_timer
I expect it will return 16

Try this:
echo 1 > /sys/bus/usb-serial/devices/ttyUSB0/latency_timer

If that works, add:
echo 1 > /sys/bus/usb-serial/devices/ttyUSB0/latency_timer
to /etc/rc.local before the last line (exit 0)

73, Steve N4IRS

On 11/3/19 7:47 PM, Patrick Perdue wrote:
Hi:

A while back, I saw something on this group to the affect of changing timing to make the ThumbDV+AMBEserver combo work better on a Raspberry Pi, but I can't find it now after searching the archives for an hour.

Note that I haven't set this up yet -- still waiting for dongles to arrive. They should be here tomorrow.

I have DVSwitch and ASL running in the cloud, and want to use AMBEserver on a remote Raspberry Pi 4 2GB instead of md380-emu. I'm using a 3.5A power supply on the Pi 4. I'd like to host two dongles for two different, completely unrelated connection points, each with it's own AMBEserver, of course. This is just a dongle host, and won't be running DVSwitch itself.

The Pi is running stock Raspbian.

What should be done in order to optimize things with this setup? Should I still use a powered USB hub, as some have suggested? What about timing?

Thanks and 73

KE4DYI