Re: Analog Bridge and DStar

Mike, AA9VI

Steve,
XRF and DCS don't seem to work on my end maybe due to a registration issue.  I'm going to have to table this for a while... It's consuming way too much time (like 3 or 4 days now) and I have to spend time with family. Something is seriously flawed with that Dummy Repeater install and the ability for it to talk to the gateway on the same LAN.  Thanks for your help.  We'll chat again later.

Mike, AA9VI

On Sunday, November 19, 2017, 9:49:20 AM CST, Steven Blackford <kb7sqi@...> wrote:

Hi Mike,
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.  You need to do 2 things before compile DummyRepeater & install it.  After you do your git pull, you need to make sure you copy the modified version of DummyRepeaterThread.cpp from the Analog_Bridge/DummyRepeater directory into the OpenDV/DummyRepeater/DummyRepeater/ Like so:

kb7sqi@kb7sqi-odroid:~$ cd tmp/source/g4klx/OpenDV/DummyRepeater/
kb7sqi@kb7sqi-odroid:~/tmp/source/g4klx/OpenDV/DummyRepeater$ cp ~/tmp/source/n4irs/Analog_Bridge/DummyRepeater/DummyRepeaterThread.cpp DummyRepeater/DummyRepeaterThread.cpp

You can make a backup of the original file first if you like.  You have to have the modified version from Steve, N4IRS's git hub for this all to work.  After you done that, then you need to configure DummyRepeater to include the ThumbDV/AmbeServer/Star*DV Support.  Here's how you do that:

./configure  --with-ambeserver --with-stardv

This will include support for both the ThumbDV/DV3000 & the Star*DV Dongle.  If you don't need the Star*DV Dongle, you can leave the --with-stardv off.  If you want to use this on a PI, then you need to make sure you include  ---with-gpio as well to support the PIDV Board.  Once configure has ran, then go ahead & do your make, install it, etc.

Make sure to read the Notes.txt file about this:

The modified version of DummyRepeater will use the USRP channel driver from AllS
tarLink (Just like Analog_Bridge)
DummyRepeater will use the default UDP ports for TX and RX. It uses address 127.
0.0.1 as defined by the USRP channel driver.
If you need to use other ports or addresses, you can define them in the enviorme
nt before you start dummyrepeter.

USRP_IP="127.0.0.1";export USRP_IP
USRP_TXPORT=34001;export USRP_TXPORT
USRP_RXPORT=32001;export USRP_RXPORT

Now when you start DummyRepeater, do it with the --verbose option:

$ dummyrepeater --verbose

That will give you more info in your Dummy_Repeater Log that'll be in the user home directory from where you start DummyRepeater.  When you start up DummyRepeater, it will complain if it can't connect to ircDDBGateway.  Check your ircDDBGateway logs also.  That should get you going in the right direction.  If you have any further questions, let me know.

Steve, K4SQI

On Sun, Nov 19, 2017 at 12:54 AM, mjswiatk via Groups.Io <mjswiatk@...> wrote:
Maybe a better question would be what are the proper steps for compiling Dummy Repeater?  I'm assuming ithey steps are at the bottom of this message that I copied and to launch with the command "dummyrepeater".  Do I need to compile with the AMBE tag?  Are there any special tricks with DummyRepeater and Jessie other than downloading the .deb and installing manually for
libwxbase2.8-0_2.8.12.1+dfsg2- dmo4_amd64.deb
libwxgtk2.8-0_2.8.12.1+dfsg2- dmo4_amd64.deb

My ircddbgateway is at 10.1.1.31
My Dummy is at 10.1.1.2

I set repeater 2 in gateway as  Dummy and 10.1.1.2
I set Dummy gateway as 10.1.1.31...

I'm missing something...

cd ~
git clone https://github.com/dl5di/ OpenDV.git