Re: Trying to setup a basic 'Parrot', however hb_confbridge.py is not matching the RADIO_ID

Steve N4IRS

As Matthew said, Kurt OE1KBC has a closed source Hytera to MMDVM solution. It should work to bring a Hytera into a HB Network. I asked for information on the protocol and was told it is proprietary. There is some information on the net and I think some other systems are built on the same protocol. That all being said, without Hytera repeaters and time, reverse engineering the Hytera protocol is not going to happen anytime soon.

73, Steve N4IRS

On 11/20/2017 09:05 PM, Matthew 2E0SIP wrote:

Hi Bob,

There is some software written by OE1KBC to convert the Hytera protocol to the MMDVM protocol available here - http://ham-dmr.at/index.php/download/
I don't have access to a Hytera repeater so I've not tested it personally, but I understand it works well.

Riku, I will let the other guys comment on the best practices to setup what you need.

Cheers
Matthew
2E0SIP