Re: Linking dmrlink and HBlink3 #dmrlink #hblink

ai6bx

Cort,

  • Currently I have an SLR5700 functioning as a master hosting six Motorola DMR repeaters. These all live on a public Internet address.
  • I have two Moto XPR8300’s that I want to peer to DMRlink and bridge to the current SLR5700 Master. Ultimately, I wish to transition the six repeaters from the 5700 so they are all on DMR link.
  • I am currently working with one MMDVM hotspot on the HBlink3 side of things with the goal of bridging the two sides together, something I can’t do with the SLR5700. Once working, hotspots will likely grow to about 15 or 20 devices.
  • Down the road the total number of Moto repeaters will grow to about 15.
  • This will be operated on a private network supported by ARDEN mesh networking operating in the 10.x.x.x domain and will have a gateway to the broader Internet via an AMPR.or 44.x.x.x address for hotspot connections when members travel.
  • The system will be migrated to a Debian 9 Blade server once ready for production deployment. I am currently building on a Vultr Debian VM for test and learning purposes.

I hope this helps.

Keith

From: <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of "Cort N0MJS via Groups.Io" <n0mjs@...>
Date: Saturday, November 30, 2019 at 3:39 PM
To: "main@dvswitch.groups.io" <main@DVSwitch.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] Linking dmrlink and HBlink3 #dmrlink #hblink

I need to understand what you’re attempting to do. Please fill in the gaps for me?

You have a number of Motorola repeaters and MMDVM devices. You’re trying to make them all talk together on a private network. You do not have any “upstream” connections to the “big networks” or laterals to other independent networks?

Is that right? The use case changes best practice. Also, which “side” has more devices – the Motorola repeaters or the MMDVM devices? Today? Expected in the future?

On Nov 30, 2019, at 5:13 PM, ai6bx via Groups.Io <ai6bx.keith@...> wrote:

Cort,

First, my apology as I am still new to the groups here and finding my way through these tools. DVSwitch is clearly a powerful set of programs and bridges that I am certain will do exactly what I am trying to accomplish Once I better understand the relationships between them and some of the pieces that make those links work. I am currently running:
Confbridge.py
Bridge.py and have also tried bridge_all.py

Following are my files:
Rules:
Logs:

Again, I sincerely appreciate any guidance possible and suspect I am missing something that will be blatantly obvious once pointed out.

Sincerely,

Keith <dmrlink.cfg><hblink.cfg><confbridge_rules.py><rules.py><dmrlink.log><hblink.log><dmrlink.log>

--

Cort Buffington

H: +1-785-813-1501

M: +1-785-865-7206