Re: Linking dmrlink and HBlink3 #dmrlink #hblink

ai6bx

Copy that.

From: <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of Steve N4IRS <szingman@...>
Date: Saturday, November 30, 2019 at 4:37 PM
To: <main@DVSwitch.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] Linking dmrlink and HBlink3 #dmrlink #hblink

As Cort said, IPSC_Bridge and HB_Bridge are stand alone Python2 programs. As a pair they allow you to connect a IPSC network to a HB network. I would keep them separate and configure them to   connect your IPSC devices to HB.

Steve

On 11/30/19 7:32 PM, ai6bx via Groups.Io wrote:

Steve,

Thank you for these links. Perhaps this is a stupid question however since I already have DMRlink installed via mk- should I just copy the IPSC files over or clone this entire directory and run mk- again? Also, should I remove HBlink3 and utilize this version or install this package in addition to HBlink3?

Thank you,

From: <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of Steve N4IRS <szingman@...>
Date: Saturday, November 30, 2019 at 4:10 PM
To: <main@DVSwitch.groups.io>

<https://github.com/n0mjs710/DMRlink/tree/IPSC_Bridge>
<https://github.com/n0mjs710/HBlink/tree/HB_Bridge>

On 11/30/19 6:59 PM, ai6bx via Groups.Io wrote:

Cort,

Note I do not see the IPSC_bridge.py in any of my current installed directories. Is this something installed independent of DMRlink?

Keith

From: <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of "Cort N0MJS via Groups.Io" <n0mjs@...>
Date: Saturday, November 30, 2019 at 3:39 PM
To: "main@dvswitch.groups.io" <main@DVSwitch.groups.io>

I need to understand what you’re attempting to do. Please fill in the gaps for me?

You have a number of Motorola repeaters and MMDVM devices. You’re trying to make them all talk together on a private network. You do not have any “upstream” connections to the “big networks” or laterals to other independent networks?

Is that right? The use case changes best practice. Also, which “side” has more devices – the Motorola repeaters or the MMDVM devices? Today? Expected in the future?

On Nov 30, 2019, at 5:13 PM, ai6bx via Groups.Io <ai6bx.keith@...> wrote:

Cort,

First, my apology as I am still new to the groups here and finding my way through these tools. DVSwitch is clearly a powerful set of programs and bridges that I am certain will do exactly what I am trying to accomplish Once I better understand the relationships between them and some of the pieces that make those links work. I am currently running:
Confbridge.py
Bridge.py and have also tried bridge_all.py

Following are my files:
Rules:
Logs:

Again, I sincerely appreciate any guidance possible and suspect I am missing something that will be blatantly obvious once pointed out.

Sincerely,

Keith <dmrlink.cfg><hblink.cfg><confbridge_rules.py><rules.py><dmrlink.log><hblink.log><dmrlink.log>

--

Cort Buffington

H: +1-785-813-1501

M: +1-785-865-7206