Re: Im Lost...

Cort N0MJS <n0mjs@...>

There are a number of tutorials out there. To be honest, I’ve not paid attention to a lot of them. When I helped clean up the how-to last week, I realized that, while a lot of the things out there work, they include unnecessary or duplicative steps.

Here’s a modified list of steps I just used Deb 10 x64 to verify them:

# as root
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade -y
apt-get install git -y
apt-get install python3-pip -y
apt-get install python3-twisted -y
pip3 install dmr-utils3

# as a regular user (it's safer this way)

cp HBlink3/hblink-SAMPLE.cfg HBlink3/hblink.cfg
cp HBlink3/rules_SAMPLE.py HBlink3/rules.py

Edit the cfg and rules files to your needs.

On Dec 2, 2019, at 9:06 AM, Skyler Fennell <electricity440@...> wrote:

This guy made a very good YouTube and article series on how to do it:

On Mon, Dec 2, 2019 at 7:45 AM <sean.riddle@...> wrote:
I wanna say i was there but cant be certain for sure... i started this project yesterday @ 7:30am its now almost  10am the next day. i appreciate the nudge i know i can do this i know im just missing something...

Cort Buffington
785-865-7206