Re: HBLink: Adhoc clients with routing rules, conferences etc

Cort <n0mjs@...>

On May 30, 2017, at 4:25 PM, Peter Martin <peter-martin@...> wrote:

Matthew,

In DMRLink, which HBLink is based on, you have to explicitly allow routing in the bridge application from one repeater host to any other, even hosted under the same instance.

As stated earlier, not entirely true – if you set “REPEAT: True” for an HBP system in the config, it will blindly forward all traffic to all other machines connected to that master.

73,
Peter

Sent from Outlook
From: DVSwitch@groups.io <DVSwitch@groups.io> on behalf of marrold.co.uk <groups.io@...>
Sent: 30 May 2017 21:36:32
To: DVSwitch@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] HBLink: Adhoc clients with routing rules, conferences etc

Hi Steve,

Thanks for sharing the configuration, that confirms the understanding I have so far.

To clarify my question, if HBLink is acting as a master only, without any additional systems, are DMR frames passed between connected clients? If so, is it possible to apply the timeouts and 'rules' to inter-client traffic?

If this isn't currently a feature of HBLink, is it supported in DMRLink or the upcoming 'DVSwitch'?

Thanks again for your assistance and contributions to DMR.

Matthew
2E0SIP

--
Cort Buffington