Re: DSTAR Registration Questions

Adrian Fewster <vk4tux@...>

Ed, usually the ircddb server needs a transmission from the user on 40000 UDP to then add to database. 'Not found' messages usually cease

after a callsign route is done and the call is registered with it's IP in the ircddb database.

If you don't use callsign routing you can turn off all ircddb server options,  they are not necessary for usual dstar linking practice, within ircddbgateway to function.

If not needed, Disable all 4. They are not required for REF, XRF and DCS linking, CCS7, echo, info etc. The internet usage on the system is dramatically reduced.

Remote 4G modem d-star systems with monthly plan benefit greatly from the ircddb server disabled state keeping internet usage within limits, and startup time is much faster.

Example of disabled (=0) ;

ircddbEnabled=0
ircddbHostname=
ircddbUsername=
ircddbPassword=
ircddbEnabled2=0
ircddbHostname2=
ircddbUsername2=
ircddbPassword2=
ircddbEnabled3=0
ircddbHostname3=
ircddbUsername3=
ircddbPassword3=
ircddbEnabled4=0
ircddbHostname4=
ircddbUsername4=

aprs can also be disabled if not needed.

I run without ircddb enabled constantly.   http://vk4tux.duckdns.org:6080/vnc_auto.html  Running 2 x mmdvms and 2 x dstarrepeater for 4 module operation, ircddb server not needed or desired.

On 31/12/19 7:20 am, Will - W4WWM wrote:

Ed-W8VT

Restart your gateway as the quadnet server has a new IP.  That should clear up the NOT FOUND message.  If not send an email to admins@...

Will / W4WWM

On 12/30/2019 2:44 PM, Ed W8VT wrote:
Steve and Adrian,
Have an update. Keep getting interrupted but here is where we stand right now.
Manually updated the database (./dvswitch.sh update). Guess I should set up a cron job to do this on a regular basis?
Now my call shows rather than the DMR ID. Still get this though when trying to transmit:
M: 2019-12-30 20:23:14: Link command from W8VT   B to REF001 C issued via UR Call by W8VT    M: 2019-12-30 20:23:14: D-Plus reply is OKRWM: 2019-12-30 20:23:14: D-Plus ACK message received from REF001 CM: 2019-12-30 20:23:14: D-Plus link to REF001 C establishedM: 2019-12-30 20:23:15: USER: W8VT     NOT FOUND
Tried the E echo and no response, also called on several reflectors with no response, so get  the feeling no transmit.
Got to head out for now and won't be back until later this evening.
Really appreciate the assistance.

Ed W8VT