Re: DSTAR Registration Questions

Adrian Fewster <vk4tux@...>

That's not correct. E is just another reflector module and has no reference to 'echo' Echo is an internal ircddbgateway feature, like 'info' #######I  etc.

and requires the #######E urcall sent. You really need to do it from the dstar radio. If you get ok audio reports from the dstar side, I wouldn't worry about it.

On 31/12/19 7:57 am, Ed W8VT wrote:
Well, thought from what I could read that REF001E or any REF with E or DCS with Z were echo reflectors. Connected to them thinking should hear myself repeated back.
Is that not how they work? How would I issue your commands from the CLI of this ircDDBgateway-MMDVM_Bridge-Analog_Bridge-ASL setup?
Got DMR and YSF working without much trouble. DSTAR is becoming quite the educational experience!

Thanks,
Ed W8VT