Re: Connecting more that 2 Analog_Bridges #analog_bridge

Mike KB8JNM

Port address, not IP.

As same with each P25 NXDN DMR etc service instance that is on the same server.

A separate PORT ADDRESS will be needed for each instance of a service running on the same server.

They can not be shared unless something has changed that I was not aware of.

On 3/24/2020 1:11 PM, JJ Cummings wrote:
Maybe it's just a matter of what you and I are calling thing?

I read "address" as an IP Address which does not need to be unique at all.  All that needs to happen is each mode has an ASL node which listens for and sends USRP on a given set of ports.  Those ports need to be unique per node, but note the IP Address.

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 11:03 AM Mike KB8JNM <groupio@...> wrote:

I was referring to the USRP address. One address set for each node.

On 3/24/2020 12:57 PM, JJ Cummings wrote:
You are correct with your design.  Not sure what "address" needs to be different.. but each would require it's own node entry in your ASL config and then you would need to link those ASL nodes together.  We accomplish this by having each mode have it's own node (as noted already) and then link each of those into a central ASL hub node where we can connect/disconnect at will.

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 10:54 AM Mike KB8JNM <groupio@...> wrote:

The only thing I can see to note is that you will need 3 nodes. One for EACH AB you are showing.

Each will need a unique address on the same server. Perhaps there is more I am over looking.

On 3/24/2020 12:45 PM, davek wrote:
Would this seem like a appropriate all mode solution? Or am i over complicating this? I am not sure on the DStar