Re: Installing & setup of MMDVM_Bridge Analog_bridge to do allstarlink, d-star, dmr, p25 linking. #hblink #mmdvm_bridge #analog_bridge

Peter M0NWI

You get this is a technical 'hobby', that we're all here to forward that hobby, Steve and Mike, with Cort too have for me anyway,  given an amazing amount of time and effort, and others have stood up and become supporters around them, to help people!?

You need to have an understanding of computing, Linux os in particular, and ip networking to follow the flow of packets from one modules port to another, before you then add in the DVSwitch modules to allow you to transpose one audio mode to another.

If you've been at this 2 1/2 years then might I suggest that just isn't be for you, and would be better to get someone, another local amateur to do this for you, maybe approach a local club?

Sorry to be hard, but these systems aren't trivial, and need work to build.

Peter

From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of af5xp via groups.io <af5xp@...>
Sent: 05 April 2020 18:16
To: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] Installing & setup of MMDVM_Bridge Analog_bridge to do allstarlink, d-star, dmr, p25 linking. #analog_bridge #mmdvm_bridge #hblink

Steve,

sorry for seeming rough. I'm just getting frustrated with it. Steven installed the dvswitch on my all-star node but never told me how to start the services and get it all up and running on the arm os. All he did is manage to get my P25 reflector running on my Debian machine. I believe he even had me install the ambe server and IrcDDB on the Debian machine as well. I'm just getting a headache after 2.5 years of fighting with it, 

Join main@DVSwitch.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.