Re: Installing & setup of MMDVM_Bridge Analog_bridge to do allstarlink, d-star, dmr, p25 linking. #hblink #mmdvm_bridge #analog_bridge

Brad N8PC

I hate to disagree with you but YES it does run on ARCH Linux with HAMVOIP software. Try access DMR TG314651, Allstar 45743, Echolink 275408 or even better yet check out my dashboard and watch it work. N8PC Repeater . I run Archlinux with HAMVOIP software on a raspberry Pi 4 with 4gig Memory. I never recompiled any copy to run on it.

73's Brad N8PC

On 4/5/2020 4:54 PM, Jeff Lehman, N8ACL via groups.io wrote:
And finally the answer comes out. Hamvoip uses arch linux as its base and none of the dvswitch software will work on arch. It has been built for the Debian based systems like raspbian, dwbian and ubuntu. You will not get this to work without rebuilding everything from source code.

The only other option is to start from a clean raspbian install and install allstar and the dvswitch components that way, not using the hamvoip image.

That is how myself and many many others use allstar and dvswitch bridges. Hamvoip is ok to get started with but customization is very difficult. It’s not hard to install allstar and everything on raspbian. Again just follow the directions.

On Apr 5, 2020, at 16:38, Peter M0NWI <peter-martin@...> wrote:

 Why can't you just start with a standard Debian / Raspbian, dump the Arch custom build and add the extras too it instead then?

73,
Peter