Re: HBLink: Adhoc clients with routing rules, conferences etc

Steve N4IRS

Cort,
Thanks for the definitive answer. I was "out of pocket" for a couple of hours.
In other news...
I am troubleshooting hb_parrot and working on the scripting for the Talker demo.

Steve

On 05/30/2017 05:44 PM, Cort wrote:
Again, as stated earlier the purpose of the “REPEAT:” configuration in HBlink.

Line from the comments in the sample configuration file:

# Repeat - if True, the master repeats traffic to clients, False, it does nothing.

This isn’t entirely clear, but what it means is the particulate instance of HBlink, if it is a master, this will make it repeat everything to every client connected to that master.

On May 30, 2017, at 4:30 PM, Matthew Pitts via Groups.Io <n8ohu@...> wrote:

Matthew,

I believe that, or something close to it, is the purpose of the On and Off entries in each rule. The ones that Steve showed us are empty, but they would hold Talkgroups defined for the purpose of enabling and disabling rules.

Matthew Pitts
N8OHU

On May 30, 2017 4:36:32 PM EDT, "marrold.co.uk" <groups.io@marrold.co.uk> wrote:

Hi Steve,

Thanks for sharing the configuration, that confirms the understanding I have so far.

To clarify my question, if HBLink is acting as a master only, without any additional systems, are DMR frames passed between connected clients? If so, is it possible to apply the timeouts and 'rules' to inter-client traffic?

If this isn't currently a feature of HBLink, is it supported in DMRLink or the upcoming 'DVSwitch'?

Thanks again for your assistance and contributions to DMR.

Matthew
2E0SIP

--
Cort Buffington