MODE: MASTER
ENABLED: True
REPEAT: True
EXPORT_AMBE: False
IP: 127.0.0.1
PORT: 62034
PASSPHRASE: passw0rd
GROUP_HANGTIME: 5

Above are 2 of the Masters from the hblink.cfg To have 2 Masters talk to each other, you have to bridge them. Like the Parrot bridge below.

On 05/30/2017 07:18 PM, Matthew Pitts via Groups.Io wrote:

Okay, I think I have it, but to clarify; each system listed in the rules in the hb_confbridge._rules.py needs to be listed as a Master in the hblink.cfg file? How are the ports and IP addresses handled for each defined master? And how does one configure a master as a peer of another master?

Matthew Pitts

N8OHU

On 5/30/2017 2:59 PM, Steve N4IRS wrote:
Let's see if this helps. Below is the confbridge rules used for the simple demo running on reflector.dvswitch.org

BRIDGES = {
    'AllStarLink': [
            {'SYSTEM': 'BrandMeister', 'TS': 2, 'TGID': 3167, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE', 'ON': [], 'OFF': []},
            {'SYSTEM': 'HBlink',       'TS': 2, 'TGID': 3167, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE', 'ON': [], 'OFF': []},
        ],
    'Talker': [
            {'SYSTEM': 'Talker',       'TS': 1, 'TGID': 9999, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE', 'ON': [], 'OFF': []},
            {'SYSTEM': 'HBlink',       'TS': 1, 'TGID': 9999, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE', 'ON': [], 'OFF': []},
            {'SYSTEM': 'IPSC_bridge',  'TS': 1, 'TGID': 9999, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE', 'ON': [], 'OFF': []},
        ],
    'Parrot': [
            {'SYSTEM': 'Parrot',       'TS': 2, 'TGID': 9990, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE', 'ON': [], 'OFF': []},
            {'SYSTEM': 'HBlink',       'TS': 2, 'TGID': 9990, 'ACTIVE': True, 'TIMEOUT': 2, 'TO_TYPE': 'NONE', 'ON': [], 'OFF': []},
        ]
}

The SYSTEM is a Master or Peer defined in hblink.cfg
BrandMeister is a Peer to BM 3108
HBlink is a Master running on reflector.dvswitch.org
Talker is a Master running on reflector.dvswitch.org
IPSC_bridge is a Master running on reflector.dvswitch.org
Parrot is a Master running on reflector.dvswitch.org

Traffic to and from BM on TS2/TG3167 is bridged to any Peer connected to the Master HBlink 
Traffic is bridged between Talker, HBlink and IPSC_bridge on TS1/TG9999
Traffic is bridged between Parrot and HBlink on TS2/9990

On 5/30/2017 2:38 PM, marrold.co.uk wrote:
Hi,

Please forgive me if this is an elementary question, but reading the example code hasnt made things any clearer.

From what I gather, The majority of the code covers routing between pre-defined networks. Does the functionality exist to route between adhoc clients connected to a HBLink master, or is it assumed this takes place "upstream"?

Thanks 

Join main@DVSwitch.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.