Re: agile Allstar node from MMDVM

Brad N8PC

no cause once converted to digital sounds funny to analog and does not work.

On 5/16/2020 12:37 AM, Patrick Perdue wrote:
Hi:

I was just asked by someone if it was possible to pass DTMF from YSF to DMR to an Allstar node such that it can be driven remotely from MMDVM, rather than what most people want going the other way around, sending DTMF commands to an Allstar node to change modes and digital talkgroups/reflectors. My first thought is no, because USRP seems to just pass DTMF through as audio, and there is no DSP to process incoming audio to send to Asterisk as commands, such as would be the case with the SimpleUSB driver and an analog radio. Has anyone here done this, and is

this at all possible?