Re: ARM IMAGE

Ken KE2N

XLX does not do analog.  The reason those connections sound "perfect" is that they go from digital to digital.

When you go to analog - in particular Allstar - higher-frequency components of the DMR signal are just not encoded well at the 8k sampling rate and get distorted.   I don't know why, but Fusion in particular has a lot of energy in the range of 3500 Hz and that is a no-no for Allstar.  The AMBE modes use a vocoder - which can produce sound energy above what the Nyquist limit would dictate.  I guess they feel that emphasizing this part of the audio spectrum enhances intelligibility. But it is annoying when you go to a scheme that is encoding the audio (rather than vocoding it).

Ken
KE2N