Re: Where To Start

Steve N4IRS

Steve,
What you want to do is quite possible. It will look like this:
XPR8300 <---> IPSC_Bridge <---> HB_Bridge <---> MMDVMHost

I suggest you take it in pieces. Bring up IPSC_Bridge, connect the 8300 to it. Make sure the 8300 is logging in and passing traffic. Bring up HB_Bridge and connect MMDVMHost to it. Make sure the MMDVMHost is logging in and passing traffic. Last but not least bring both IPSC_Bridge and HB_Bridge, connect the 8300 and MMDVMHost. You should have traffic passing from the 8300 to MMDVMHost.

Read the config file comments, they will help
Bring each program up in the foreground so you can see the output.
Solve any problems before going forward.

IPSC_Bridge is a branch of DMRlink (for now, it needs to be merged into the master branch) you can find it at <https://github.com/n0mjs710/DMRlink/tree/IPSC_Bridge>
HB_Bridge is a branch of HBlink (for now, it needs to be merged into the master branch) you can find it at <https://github.com/n0mjs710/HBlink/tree/HB_Bridge>

For the console program, it is a function of Analog_Bridge <https://github.com/N4IRS/Analog_Bridge> You will need a Vocoder. I suggest you get everything else working first.

73, Steve N4IRS

On 12/22/2017 08:03 PM, stevecast2024@... wrote:
Hello Folks,
I hope I am not a pain. If so, then feel free to shut me down. I am looking for a basic place to start with DVSwitch and the other utilities. I am running Ubuntu and have downloaded dmr_utils as well as DMRLink. I want to make sure that I have installed all necessary parts in order to make this run. Obviously the set up is different depending on what exactly I want to do. My first project is to simply link an XPR8300 via IPSC to a homebrew repeater. I understand editing the config files. I also want to try and use a console program that I have heard exists, but I have not been able to locate it yet. If someone could just point me to what all I need to install to start this task I would be happy to start putting a starters guide together for this.