Re: Cloud hosting

Steve N4IRS

Good to hear it's working. I would suggest anyone reading this thread keep the following in mind:

1: The VM is directly exposed to the internet with the ability to login as root. I strongly suggest a strong password. or a PSK.
        Want to see something interesting? watch /var/log/auth.log
        I like Shorewall to make the firewall easy to manage. Fail2ban helps too.
2: Watch your bandwidth. You get 500GB a month.

Steve N4IRS

On 6/28/20 7:54 AM, W8DSB wrote:
I too was able to follow Steve's info and buy the $12.50 ($10.00) plan. I did get a ALLSTAR node to run as a test.

Attached is the info I used to setup the cloud I have now, It includes ALLSTAR, ALLMON2, DVSwitch, HBlink3 all working together in case this helps. I am not a Linux person by trade so when I find installs that work I keep files like this so I don't have to go back to the web each time I need to rebuild something.

Attached