Re: P25Reflector install help...

Steve N4IRS

Bob,
The P25Reflector software does not actually care what TG it reflects. When the reflector sees UDP traffic on the proper port, it reflects it to all connected users.
The program that determines what TG, is actually P25Gateway in it's host file:

# 10200 North America
10200    dvswitch.org        41000

This tells P25Gateway, when you see traffic on TG 10200 send the traffic to dvswitch.org (44.103.34.4) on UDP port 41000.
As to the name, again it's in the P25Gateway host file.

73, Steve N4IRS

On 7/27/20 11:05 PM, nuhtrue@... wrote:
Hi,

I'm having some difficulty while installing the whole package (G4-somebody/dvswitch) using the 927.org instructions (which is riddled with typos);
I've read everything I've been able to google, both here and elsewhere, but I'm stuck on a concept or two:

What (and WHERE or WHO) determines what your newly installed P25 reflector's TG ID is?

I probably will choose not to publish the TG (at first, at least) but where do I give it its name? I saw a thread where Steve says some ppl are using the same #
as their chosen DMR TG (which already exists; I'm trying to link them)?

Thanks,

Bob
KK6RQ