Re: P25Reflector install help...

Bob KK6RQ

So....I need to 'submit' my reflector info to one of them to get included on that version of the file, then?

-Bob
KK6RQ

On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 6:01 PM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
Bob,
So, that's the issue. If you use Pi-Star, the host file comes from Andy Taylor MW0MWZ (The author of Pi-Star) Andy starts with the the host file from Jonathan G4KLX which is here <https://github.com/g4klx/P25Clients/blob/master/P25Gateway/P25Hosts.txt> There is nothing sacred about the file. Pi-Star give the user the ability to add custom entries. If I dont use Pi-Star I can edit the host file to my liking.

Pi-Star is a "repackaging" of the software from G4LKX. That is not to say Andy does not add value. He certainly does and I would venture to say that without Pi-Star (or something like it) DV hotspots would not have taken off like it did.

Steve N4IRS

On 7/28/20 6:51 PM, Bob KK6RQ wrote:
I'm not sure I understand your answer....maybe if I rephrase--

How do I get my P25 reflector/TG to show up in the pulldown in the P25 section of the configuration screen of every Pi-Star hotspot in existence?

-Bob
KK6RQ

On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 4:42 PM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
That file starts with <https://github.com/g4klx/P25Clients/tree/master/P25Gateway> Where people get their host file depends on where they get their software.

Steve

On 7/28/20 4:41 PM, Bob KK6RQ wrote:
Thanks, that clears that up.

Another question is, what determines whether the TG shows up automatically in everyone's P25Hosts.txt (ie. "published"?)

-Bob
KK6RQ

On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 4:39 AM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
Bob,
The P25Reflector software does not actually care what TG it reflects. When the reflector sees UDP traffic on the proper port, it reflects it to all connected users.
The program that determines what TG, is actually P25Gateway in it's host file:

# 10200 North America
10200    dvswitch.org        41000

This tells P25Gateway, when you see traffic on TG 10200 send the traffic to dvswitch.org (44.103.34.4) on UDP port 41000.
As to the name, again it's in the P25Gateway host file.

73, Steve N4IRS

On 7/27/20 11:05 PM, nuhtrue@... wrote:
Hi,

I'm having some difficulty while installing the whole package (G4-somebody/dvswitch) using the 927.org instructions (which is riddled with typos);
I've read everything I've been able to google, both here and elsewhere, but I'm stuck on a concept or two:

What (and WHERE or WHO) determines what your newly installed P25 reflector's TG ID is?

I probably will choose not to publish the TG (at first, at least) but where do I give it its name? I saw a thread where Steve says some ppl are using the same #
as their chosen DMR TG (which already exists; I'm trying to link them)?

Thanks,

Bob
KK6RQ