Re: mmdvm_bridge won’t start on boot after update #mmdvm_bridge

Steve N4IRS

Chris,
Here is the output of enable disable and status:

root@dvswitch-server:/home/dvswitch# systemctl disable mmdvm_bridge
Removed /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/mmdvm_bridge.service.

root@dvswitch-server:/home/dvswitch# systemctl enable mmdvm_bridge
Created symlink /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/mmdvm_bridge.service → /lib/systemd/system/mmdvm_bridge.service.

root@dvswitch-server:/home/dvswitch# systemctl status mmdvm_bridge
● mmdvm_bridge.service - MMDVM_Bridge Service
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/mmdvm_bridge.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: active (running) since Fri 2020-07-31 06:42:48 EDT; 24h ago
 Main PID: 3091 (MMDVM_Bridge)
    Tasks: 3 (limit: 2068)
   CGroup: /system.slice/mmdvm_bridge.service
           └─3091 /opt/MMDVM_Bridge/MMDVM_Bridge /opt/MMDVM_Bridge/MMDVM_Bridge.ini

Jul 31 06:42:48 dvswitch-server systemd[1]: Starting MMDVM_Bridge Service...
Jul 31 06:42:48 dvswitch-server systemd[1]: Started MMDVM_Bridge Service.

I bolded the important info for troubleshooting

73, Steve N4IRS

On 7/31/20 11:12 PM, Chris Whitam wrote:
Good Evening, I have a pi setup with The Quantar bridge suite of software which has been running with no problem for a year or two now. (When I turn it on). As there
had been no updates to the os or dvswitch since then, I went ahead and did a apt-get update and apt-get upgrade.  Now the mmdvm_bridge will no longer automatically start on boot up, however quantar_bridge, p25gateway, etc all still work fine.  If I do systemctl mmdvm_bridge the mmdvm bridge starts running right away and then everything works like normal, it just will not automatically start.  I tried a systemctl disable mmdvm_bridge, then reboot, then systemctl enable mmdvm_bridge and that had no effect.  Anyone have any other ideas so that I do not have to manually start mmdvm_bridge every time the pi powers up. Thanks!